Need a conversation piece for your Memorial Day party? Look no further! These are PERFECT!
- Vanilla Frosting
- Yellow liquid food coloring
- 24 Vanilla Cupcakes, baked in white paper liners
- 3 1/2 cups small yellow, cream, or white jelly beans
- 4 pieces yellow fruit chews, such as Laffy Taffys or Starbursts
- 1 tablespoon black decorating sugar
- 1 tablespoon white decorating sugar
- 8 sets of corn holders
- Color the frosting pale yellow with food coloring.
- Working with 3 cupcakes at a time, frost cupcakes with yellow frosting. Arrange 5 rows of jelly beans, close together, on each cupcake. Place the 3 cupcakes side by side on a corn dish or serving platter to resemble an ear of corn. Repeat process with remaining cupcakes, frosting, and jelly beans.
- Cut the fruit chews into eight 1-inch squares. Soften the edges slightly by hand so that they look like melted butter. Place 1 square on top of each ear of corn. Sprinkle with sugars. Insert a corn holder in the end of each ear of corn, if using. Serve.
This receipe was found in Karen Tack’s dessert cookbook, “Hello, Cupcake!”