Puerto Rican Coconut Bread Pudding
1 loaf (1 pound) sliced white bread
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup milk
6 eggs, well beaten
1 15-ounce can of Cream of Coconut
3 tablespoons butter (melted)
2 cups Half & Half
11 1/2-ounce box seedless black raisins
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, tear bread into pieces, then add milk, and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. With a fork, mix well until bread is saturated.
4. In a blender, add Cream of Coconut, Half & Half, cloves, vanilla and sugar. Mix well.
5. Add eggs and 2 tablespoons of butter to Coconut Cream mixture. Blend for 2 min.
6. Poor Coconut Cream mixture and raisins into Bread mixture and stir well.
7. Grease a square 8 x 8-inch aluminum pan with remaining butter. Place in oven and bake 1½ hours or untiil golden. Allow to cool at room temperature before serving.
Yield: 8 Servings